miner

data-autostart="true" Loading...

Jul 6, 2014

I had to Share this Story from Reset.me - "How Ayahuasca Helped Me Heal After My Mother’s Death"

This story is pretty incredible.  I found this via my mother showing me.  I had to share it because of how beautifully touching the whole story was.

Link to the original Article

Snippet:

Shortly after my beloved mother lost her long 9 year battle with early on-set Alzheimer’s and Dementia, and had crossed over to the other side at the tender age of 62, I traveled to San Francisco in the Yarinacocha Region of Peru to visit Elisa Vargas and her beautiful Shipibo family. Elisa is an extraordinarily warm Curandera with a strong lineage of indigenous Shipibo healers, and facilitates Sanken Nete, an Ayahuasca and Plant Medicine Retreat Center, located an hour and half boat ride outside Pucallpa at the basin of the Amazon Rainforest.
Ron and Elisa on a boat ride to Pucallpa
Ron and Elisa on a boat ride to Pucallpa
After many years of being the primary caretaker for mom and watching Alzheimer’s ravage her body and brain, including an intense three week period prior to her passing, I felt incredibly drawn to the spirit of Ayahuasca and the healing insights and clarity she would hopefully share with me. Upon arriving at Sanken Nete, I could feel the love and energy pulsating around me, and was equally eager with curiosity and anxious anticipation for my first ceremony, which was bound to happen only a couple hours away.
Ayahuasca is an ancient Amazonian plant medicine derived from the leaves of the Chacruna (Psychotria viridis) which contains the powerful psychoactive alkaloid dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and combined with the vine Banisteriopsis caapi, which contains the monoamine oxidase inhibiting (MAOI) action of the harmala alkaloids which allow the DMT to flow freely into ones blood stream. Without the precious alkaloids found in B. caapi, the DMT from the Chacruna would have no affects on humans what so ever, the DMT would be broken down inside the gut by the monoamine oxidase (MAO) system. Both plants work in perfect harmony together to create one of the most brilliant and powerful spiritual medicines known to man.
Ron travelled to Peru in search of healing and answers after his mother passed away from Alzheimer's
Ron travelled to Peru in search of healing and answers after his mother passed away from Alzheimer’s
Also DMT is naturally produced inside the human body with out the assistance of outside influences. It is believed by many that DMT is responsible for dreaming while asleep, de ja vu and other cosmic outer body spiritual experiences, as well as the life review or ‘my entire life flashing before my eyes’ just before death.
In the ancient language of Quechua, the word Ayahuasca is translated as “Vine of the Soul” and the original origins of its use and discovery remain a mystery. Whether discovery was through divine inspiration, which many believe, or through rigorous trial and error with the abundance of medicinal plants throughout the Amazon, the clear energetic fact exists that Ayahuasca is one of Mother Earth’s greatest gifts to us.
Ayahuasca is capable of producing intense vivid patterns of geometric healing energy, which are called Icaros, as well as vibrant visions of the wildest imagination. For example, I was a thin filament of yellow energy, glowing in eternity in sacred geometric light, then transformed into my animal spirit guide, where I sat in feline meditation and stroked my long ears and whiskers. She is also willing to shed light and insights upon our most complexing ideas, thoughts, and emotions. In my particular case, the mystery of Alzheimer’s was at the fore front.
Alzheimer’s and Dimentia are brutally fatal brain diseases with no known cause or cure.

Go read the full article now 

No comments:

Post a Comment