miner

data-autostart="true" Loading...

Feb 15, 2014

The Lone (st)Ranger - Recent updates, Politics, Time Paradoxes

It's been a good while since I've last wrote a blog about anything in a while.  I've been going through some interesting changes in my life.

This year has been really a year of learning and hardship.  Hardship from some ungentle lessons I've had to learn the hard way.  The best part is I'm not finished learning.

In 2010-2011, I submitted my vote to re-elect President Barack Obama.  Do I regret it?  No, I don't, despite the way that things have turned out.  From a Democratic point of view:  I wanted to see change in a way that our society hadn't been allowing have happen.  Perhaps all it took was for him to convince me that we would evacuate Iraq and the Middle East, which we all can see now that we're still over there.

From a Republican point of view, if I was to be a Republican: I feel like Obama pulled the carpet from underneath the bigger corporation's feet too soon, as we can see the damage it caused to try and have an instant solution.

But from a personal view; why didn't President Obama pull a Kennedy and stop all of the war talk?  It puzzles me.  It's 2014 now and we are still fussing over racism.

Aside from that, Time is an interesting paradox, isn't it?  What feels like nearly 7 years ago seems like it was yesterday.  Minutes and hours alternate between going faster and slower - which makes me curious..  Is Time just a measurement of something that we, as humans, created to judge our life time?  The 90's feel like the new throwback - everyone references it like it was really long ago, but it feels so short.  Time could be something we ourselves change/alter based on perspective thinking.  Usually when someone is busy working on something, Time goes by faster.  That's the next mental exercise for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment